The stooges of the American right-wing continue to disrupt any attempt at civil discourse. Ostensibly, their current efforts are directed against health care reform, but their actions are damaging the foundation which makes civil society possible.
I am working on a section of this site dedicated to documenting the right’s attempt to destroy this nation’s civil foundation. Their intent is to regain power of course, but they are obviously willing to use a scorched earth approach to achieve that end. A nation in decline actually suits their purposes better than a healthy ascendant one, because constant fear and lies intended to warp reality and provide a scapegoat for that fear is necessary in order for them to regain and maintain power over the masses. History and current events in Afghanistan show just how well this strategy works.
For now, I’ll just provide a few examples of the hideous behavior people are engaging in after being incited by FOX News and right-wing talk radio.
- GOP Senator DeMint spreads lies about proposed health care reform, denounces woman who asks tough question, and agrees with Ben Stein that America has been in decline since prayer was taken out of school.
- Woman attends Barney Frank’s Town Hall with defaced poster showing Obama as HItler, asks why Frank is supporting Obama’s Nazi policy, and is then ridiculed by Frank
- Woman shouts “Heil Hitler” at Israeli Jew who is praising Israel’s national health care system
- Five brief interviews with elements of the Mob outside the Grand Junction Health Care Town Hall
- Tea Party Dispatch From San Francisco – Who Would Jesus Insure? (Relatively civilized hypocrisy)
- Protesters incited to bring military weapons to Obama rally by right-wing talk show host – armed protester says it’s not a game, that “We’re up against a tyrannical government that will rob the next generation as long as they can get away with it.”
- college student at rally who wanted to debate Obama is actually staffer for extreme right-wing Senator
- GOP Rep. Boehner, angry that drug industry is supporting health care reform, tells drug makers to stop “appeasing” Obama
I’ll be posting more on this as I get time.