I signed a petition on change.org and got an email from bedsider.org in response. This looks like a very cool site for teens and others who want to learn ab0ut birth control, sex, and everything related to that. There are some pretty funny videos on various myths that make it fun to learn the truth instead of trusting the school rumor mill about important stuff like whether coke actually works as a spermicide and whether some men are too big for a condom.
Here’s text from the email:
We believe everyone should have the life they want, when they want it. So, if you’re not ready for a baby just yet – but you are ready to have a great sex life – that’s where we come in.
Bedsider makes birth control easier. How do we do that? By giving you access to the stuff that really matters. Whether you’re considering birth control for the first time or already on it, we have everything you need to get it and use it well:
- Set up reminders. Remembering your birth control is kind of a big deal. We make it a lot easier.
- Search for a health center. Sometimes you gotta talk to a doc. We’ll help you find one nearby.
- Get information. Considering a new birth control method? We’re all over it. Seriously. This is our thing.
- Find emergency contraception. We hope you’ll never need it, but if you do, here’s where to get it.
- Hear real stories. Learn about each method from women who actually use it.
- Browse real answers. When a birth control question comes up, we’re there for you.
- Separate fact from fiction. We’ll shatter sex and birth control myths and make you laugh while we’re doing it.